Saturday, July 14, 2007

My Great Idea!!!

I was reading the Tribs report on the Ethnics Boards partisan obsession with Luke helping kids with cancer and I came up with one of my best ideas since I thought up a better potato masher a few years ago.
In the article, George Specter, the acting city solicitor, says about the $27,000,000 that upmc paid for The Mayor to golf "This is not money that went to the mayor." So he thinks it is legally alright.
Later in the article it says the ethnics board can "impose a fine of up to $1,000 per violation" if it finds the Mayor was wrong.
My great idea is that if the Ethnics Board wants to impose the fine, then UPMC should give the money to pay off the fine. If the money never touchs The Mayor's hands it sounds like it would be ok to me, plus the money would be helping the city and all those poo-poo potato heads who say that UPMC never gives the city any money would have to shut up.