Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Have Tried to Love The Pirates

From the Spring time of Paris!!!

I am excited for you in Pittsburgh that the baseball has begun. The Pittburgh Pirates are on a winning streak - they have won their first and only game. I hope everyone is enjoying the warm rush of being a winner.

I have tried to embrace American Baseball but it can not fill the hole that has grown with my love of the Steelers Nation. As I try to understand baseball, I often have the following Jean-Paul Satre quotes run through my head...

"All human actions are equivalent and all are on principle doomed to failure. "

"Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance."

"Life begins on the other side of despair. "

"Life has no meaning the moment you lose the illusion of being eternal. "

May be was a Pirate's fan?