Monday, July 21, 2008

Something about Obama

Hello from the Northside

Ever since Hillary was forced out of the president race, I've been thinking alot about Obama. There is something about him that bothers me. I haven't been able to put my finger on it.

With Hillary, I finally got over the fact that she was a woman and possibly a lesbeing so I was all ready to vote for her. Now with Obama, he is a man and he's married so it should be easy to vote for him because I usually my whole life have voted for men (except for Darlene Harris!). So my problem with Obama can't be that.

Whenever Obama comes on the tv, first thoughts is "Is my backdoor locked?" So maybe it has something to do with his stances on Homeland security? Would I feel safer with him in the White House? Hmmm, I don't know but my gut tells me that we wouldn't. Then I wonder if my front door is locked too.

When I look at Obama, I think there is something about him that just isn't right that he sould be President. When I look at McCain, there is something familar. It might be that he is old like me. That might be it.

When I was young and I voted for JFK, I thought to my self, "could I marry this guy?" The answer was yes. I've used that ever since. First the guy must be a democrat and then I think can I marry this guy. Bill Clinton was easy but the democrats have surely put up some guys in the past that were hard for me to accept like Mondale or Dukakus, but there is something about Obama that I just can't get my mind around. I keep thinking my Dad would spin around in the grave if I were to marry him. I must be getting old because i can't see marrying someone who is about half as old as me. That has to be it.

The biggest reason why I don't feel right about voting for Obama is because The Mayor and Dan the Tax Man (who might I remind that this blog was the first to endorse him for Governor!!!!) and Governor Rendel haven't told me to vote for him. When they all were behind Hillary I was more than willing to vote for someone who was a woman and possibly a lesbeing, but until they come out and tell me to vote for some as young as Obama, I just don't know if I can do it.